Mocha Cream Pie
Use Matt’s Double Chocolate Cookies to make a delicious crust for this indulgent and super easy mocha cream pie!
YIELD: 8 Servings
ALLERGIES: Dairy, Gluten
1 Package Matt’s Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, Crumbled
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
1/2 Cup Freshly Brewed Coffee, Chilled
1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream, Divided
1 lb Cream Cheese, Softened
Caramel Syrup, As Needed
Chocolate Syrup, As Needed
Whipped Cream, As Needed
Ground Cinnamon, As Needed
Medium Sized Bowl, for mixing
Small Heat Safe Bowl, for melting chocolate
9-in Pie Dish
Dried Bean or Rice, optional
Hand Mixer OR Stand Mixer
|1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crushed cookies and 2 tablespoons sugar with melted butter in a medium sized bowl. Whisk in all-purpose flour as needed until cookie mixture just comes together.
2. Using the bottom of a glass, press cookie mixture onto bottom and up the sides of a buttered 9-in pie dish. Bake until set, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
TIP!!! To keep crust from sinking, place circular cut out of parchment paper on top of pie crust before baking. Covering up the sides as well. Use weights such as dried beans or rice to fill pie dish. Remove carefully after crust is cooled and save for later baking projects.
3. Sprinkle gelatin over hot coffee; let stand 5 minutes. Microwave chocolate chips and ¼ cup cream on high until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir gelatin/coffee mixture into chocolate mixture until smooth. Cool slightly.
4. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with a hand OR stand mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in remaining cream. Mix in chocolate mixture until blended.
5. Transfer filling to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 2 hours.
6. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauce.