Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark
A seasonal favorite gets an extra twist by adding Matt’s Double Chocolate Peppermint cookies to the mix!
YIELD: 8 Servings
ALLERGIES: Dairy, Gluten
1 Package Matt’s Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies, cut into small dices
1 11.5 oz Bag Milk Chocolate Chips
1 11.5 oz Bag White Chocolate Chips
1/2 Tablespoon, Divided, Peppermint Extract
1/4 Cup Peppermint Candies, or Candy Canes. Broken into small pieces
Quarter Sheet Tray, or other flat pan
Metal or Glass Bowl (to go on top of the pot)
|1. Line a quarter sheet tray, or other flat pan, with plastic wrap.
TIP!! Lightly wet tray before applying plastic. It will stick and make spreading the chocolate easier.
2. Using a small saucepot bring some water to a boil. The chocolate will be tempered using a double boiler.
3. Once boiling reduce to a simmer.
4. Place milk chocolate chips in a metal or glass bowl with half of the peppermint extract (1/4 tbs). Place bowl on top of simmering water and stir until completed melted.
Make sure water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
5. Place cut cookies evenly on the bottom of the pan. Pour melted milk chocolate mixture over the top and spread evenly. Tap pan on the counter to remove air bubbles. Top with half of the peppermint candy pieces. Cool completely in the refrigerator.
6. While the milk chocolate layer is cooling in the refrigerator, add white chocolate chips and remaining peppermint extract to the metal or glass bowl and follow the same process as Step 4 above.
7. Once milk chocolate is set, remove it from the refrigerator, and spread tempered white chocolate over the top. It can be spread sporadically – you can get creative with designs if you choose.
8. Sprinkle remaining peppermint crumbles over the top. Set in refrigerator until hard.
9. Break into desired size.